Post-Graduation Work Permit

Graduates of Canadian post-secondary institutions are eligible for a one-time post-graduation work permit after completing their studies. These open work permits grant work authorization to international students, allowing them to gain valuable Canadian work experience that may be used as part of a later application for permanent residency.

A work permit under the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWPP) may be issued for the length of the study program, up to a maximum of three years. A post-graduation work permit cannot be valid for longer than the student’s study program, and the study program must be a minimum of eight months in length. 

For example, if you graduate from a four-year degree program, you could be eligible for a three-year work permit if you meet the criteria. If you graduate from an eight-month certificate program, you would be eligible for a work permit that is valid for no more than eight months. Post-Graduation work permits must be obtained within a specific time-frame after graduation. 

  Contact us to find more information.

Open chat
Do you need help?
How can we help you?