Immigration and family law

Child Support

When parents live separately from one other, child support obligations arise. We can assist you to determine the appropriate amount of child support that must be paid and we also help you to address issues such as income determination, retroactive support, enforcement matters and special expenses.

Child Custody, Access and Parenting Time

‘Parenting time’ is the time a person spends with a child without the other parent or guardian being present. In court orders, it may be called ‘access’. If you are not a guardian, your time with the child is called ‘contact’.

Spousal Support

If you need the expertise of a knowledgeable family lawyer, contact Rothecker Law Firm located in the city of Edmonton. We're here to lend our assistance to individuals deeply embroiled in familial and spousal disputes requiring legal actions.

Divorce & Separation​

Are you facing a divorce or separation and don’t know where to turn? Rothecker Law Firm can provide you with the personal guidance you need during this difficult time. We understand that every case is unique and that you and your family have unique needs that deserve individual attention.

Child Protection

When Child Intervention is providing services to your family, as a parent or guardian you have the right to: be part of your child’s planning question any decisions you do not agree with.

Advocacy for Indigenous Parents

We ensure that a trusting and collaborative process is implemented in each family with a specific focus on the best interest of the child.

Immigration & Refugee Protection Claims

With more than ten years of immigration experience, Rothecker Law Firm specializes in offering comprehensive services for all types of immigration cases, including, but not limited to, applications for temporary and permanent residence, refugee protection claims, other visa applications, as well as citizenship applications.

Express Entry

Express entry is the application process for skilled immigrants who are seeking to permanently settle in Canada and take part in its economy.

Canadian Work Permits

A work permit is required for most jobs in Canada. However, certain business people, investors, and people involved with multinational companies, or who are from countries that have signed trade agreements with Canada may not require work permits.

Family Sponsorship

To successfully sponsor a spouse, partner or child for permanent residence you must qualify as a sponsor by meeting a specific criteria.

Provincial Nominee Program

The Provincial Nominee Program or PNP is for workers who have a certain skill set needed by a specific province. Each province is different and has a different selection process. In Alberta, Rothecker Law Firm has helped thousands of qualified workers with their immigration process.

Super Visa

The Canada Super Visa Program allows parents or grandparents to visit Canada for up to 2 years. It is a multi-entry visa that provides multiple entries for a period of up to 10 years.

Temporary Resident Visas

A temporary resident visa (TRV) is an official counterfoil document issued by a visa office that is placed in a person’s passport to show that they have met the requirements for admission to Canada as a temporary resident.

International Experience Canada

Young foreign nationals from several countries are eligible to work and travel in Canada through the International Experience Canada program. This program includes young professionals, cooperative education programs as well as the popular working holiday program.

Study Visa

Apply to study in Canada as an international student, extend your study permit, or find out about working while you study or after you graduate.

Post-Graduation Work Permit

Graduates of Canadian post-secondary institutions are eligible for a one-time post-graduation work permit after completing their studies.

Humanitarian and Compassionate Grounds

People who would normally be ineligible to become Canadian permanent residents may be able to apply on humanitarian and compassionate grounds.

Employers and LMIA Programs

At Rothecker Law Firm, our specialists can help you apply for a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) to determine if you can hire a foreign worker to fill labour or skills shortages on a temporary basis.

“The law that I love is there for everyone, high and low, imposing obligations, to be sure, but also offering protections and benefits. It is simply our best hope for the future.”
-Beverly McLachlin in Truth Be Told

Abrir chat
Neceita ayuda?
Cómo podemos ayudarle?